From the publisher|
Sew Somerset represents a new way of looking at sewn art. More than ever before, artists are discovering the joy of combining sewing with mixed-media projects, showing the world that stitches are not just for fabric anymore! In this 144-page publication, readers will find gorgeous photographs, easy-to-understand techniques, and endless inspiration. Sew Somerset will help crafters and artists alike learn how to add stitches of varied lengths, sizes, colors, and dimensions into their next project to create a look that is "So Somerset!"
In the Winter 2018 Issue of Sew Somerset:
- Discover Lisa Rodeís charming holiday cards made from kraft cardstock with hand-stitched cotton batting details.
- Learn how Tracy Brumi makes use of fabric scraps and inspirational labels to embellish mini-sachets filled with lavender.
- See how Andrea Brinkley puts a spin on the popular embroidery hoop trend by using wool and wire.
- Be inspired by Linden Ellerís masterful use of a muted color palette in her original sewn felt collages.
- Explore a wide variety of stitched projects including wall hangings, fabric postcards, hand-sewn journals, mixed-media pillows, and more!