Issue 38, June 2019.
Postage; $3.00 Australia, $5.35 NZ, $8.00 rest of world.
Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday wearables and other items.
Each issue is an inspiring mix of articles, artist profiles and techniques.
Across the issues, expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and textile applications incorporating fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
This issue features inspiration from Antarctica.
• Artist Profile: Janine Heschl - The Art of Conservation
by Janine Heschl
• Artist Profile: Rosi Gates - Textile Collage - by Liz Wauchope
• Reader Challenge Postcard Swap - by Lynda Worthington
• Frost Ferns: a photo essay - by Penny Eamer
• Penguin Chick Study - by Lynda Worthington
• As Cold as Ice - by Penny Eamer
• Rosi Gates' Fence Post Collage - by Liz Wauchope
• Using Leftovers: Miniature Hoop Jewellery - by Lynda Worthington
• Nicely Iced - by Anne Mitchell
• Butter on my Bread - by Penny Eamer
• Shop Profile: Australian Alpaca Yarn - by Tim Toshack
and Graham Lugg
• Knitfest - by Debs Swain
• Student Profile: Jenny Grenfell - by Jenny Grenfell
back to magazines