Issue 27, September 2016.
Cost $9.95. Postage; $2.85 Australia, $5.00 NZ, $7.40 rest of world.
Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
In this issue we have an Artist Profile: Artist Profile: Chris Beehag by Chris Beehag; Aussie Hero Quilts by Jan-Maree Ball OAM; Artist Profile: Pilawuk White by Liz Wauchope; Reader Postcard Challenge by Lynda Worthington; Inspired by Music by Kath Danswan; Dungog Flood by Kat Wittmann; Shop Profile: Knit Spin Weave by Tracy Henwood.
Projects in this issue include:
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...
- Felted Crazy Chicken Scarf by Wendy Bailye
- Kingfisher by Janine Heschl
- Keel-billed Toucan by Penny Eamer
- Cheeky Magoomba by Lynda Worthington
- Little Bee-Eater (book extract) by Trish Burr
- Pilawuk White’s Miwulnginni by Liz Wauchope
- The Secret Powers and Charms of Amulets by Barbara Mullan