Moon Shadow Mist |
How to Use
1. Tap out any mica in sprayer tube before adding water.
2. Use HOT water, (not boiling, but hot tap water)
3. LET SIT AT LEAST 10 MIN after adding the water,
(stir a bit to make sure everything is dissolved)
4. Keep the bottle more upright while spraying.
5. Make sure to shake after 10 or so sprays, to keep the mica in solution.
If you find it won't spray at any time, simply take the nozzle out and clear the mica with a pin. A helpful video on all of this here.
The easiest way to use the Mist is just to spray your surface. Either air dry or heat dry with your heat gun. Add several colours for a wonderful metallic polka dot effect. Because the walnut stain has a binder in it, it does not need to be sealed. However, a quick 'shot' of hair spray sometimes intensifies the colours. Experiment and see what effect you like.
Try placing a stencil onto your surface leaving a border of paper around the stencil. Spritz lightly or heavily as desired. Gently lift off the stencil for an easy and elegant effect.
For your journals and altered books, spray lightly around the outside of the page leaving the centre relatively clear. This ages the page and puts instant colour on it.
Mix several colours together for an iridescent metal effect.
to colour chart